List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: Another P/S question
From:       Chris M <chrism3667 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-10-31 20:07:23

dude, I'm no electronics expert, but you should get a
replacement cap and solder it in (after desoldering
the old one). I'm surprised it works at all, but
depending on it's part in the scheme of things,
anything is possible I guess. If you don't have a
schematic, I don't know, possible look around inside
and see if there are common values. Post around, if
you let it go, who knows...
 If you're familiar with the voltages that particular
p/s supplies, maybe in the interim replace it with a
common pc style supply, if that'll do the job. You can
always leave the old one intact, run the wires from
the replacement in somehow. You can even unplug the
fan (on the old supply) and provide power to it from
the new *external* supply. It might work ;)