List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Paper Tape Emulator in Basic
From:       "Jim Beacon" <jim.beacon () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2005-04-30 15:47:47

Hi,

has anyone tried to write a paper tape emulator in BASIC? I've had a go in
GW-BASIC, but I suspect that the implementation of the language is too slow
to reliable drive the serial port - it doesn't always pick up the paper
advance signal (I've tried using both CTS and DCD as inputs).

Will I have to go to a machine code routine to get the fast port access?

I look forward to replies.

Jim.

Please see our website the " Vintage Communication Pages" at WWW.G1JBG.CO.UK