List:       classiccmp
Subject:    About the ringing voltage question...
From:       "Daniel A. Seagraves" <DSEAGRAV () toad ! xkl ! com>
Date:       2000-02-28 21:31:31

No, I wasn't really gonna zap my kid brother!  That was a hypothetical question.
I was more worried about zapping myself, and I try to follow the one-hand-in
your-pocket rule whenever I can.  I know better than to zap anyone with anything
I wouldn't zap myself with.

(But a good shot of signal voltage (+28VDC, 2 amps) across his earlobes next
time he gets out of the shower is very tempting!  J/K!)

Oh, and the 9V battery story, I got told it was a Navy guy who fell on his
voltmeter probes.  It's probably another urban legend.

-------