List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users] Error Message from clamd
From:       Doug Hardie <bc979 () lafn ! org>
Date:       2023-04-02 1:47:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

As far as I can tell, permissions are good.  However, I have learned a bit more from \
running ktrace on clamd.  Right after it gets called by clamav-milter, it calls \
cli_get_filepath_from_filedesc.  That module has code for Linux, MacOS, and WIN.  \
There is no code for FreeBSD.  None of the 3 existing sections are viable on FreeBSD \
and so I believe it returns a CL_BREAK which causes the error to be reported.  \
However, it appears to be treated as a warning as clamd continues to read the email \
from milter and process it.  For some reason though, it always returns OK even when I \
send it the EICAR test.

I can live with the warning message, but I need it to detect viruses.  How can I \
debug that?

-- Doug