List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Queries on Maximum file size
From:       "G.W. Haywood via clamav-users" <clamav-users () lists ! clamav ! net>
Date:       2022-05-19 8:00:35

Hi there,

On Thu, 19 May 2022, Deenadhayalan Natarajan via clamav-users wrote:

> I would like to get some details about the maximum file size clamAV
> can support. As we got to know from the documentation that it
> supports upto 4GB of maximum file size but would like any
> possibilities of extending the file size ...

Can you tell us more about your requirements?

You should consider 2GBytes (not 4GBytes) to be the maximum file size:

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Development/tips-and-tricks.html?highlight=limits#general-debugging

To allow ClamAV to scan huge files is to risk crashing the scanner,
and there are other issues which may crop up too.

> ... any enterprise version of ClamAV available.

I don't know of anything which meets your description precisely.  The
ClamAV maintainers are the folks at Cisco-Talos:

https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav

[Disclaimer: Other than my chats with people on (and occasionally off)
this list, I have no relationship with Cisco nor any Cisco company.]

Cisco offers a range of product for protecting computer systems:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en_uk/products/security/advanced-malware-protection/index.html

There are also numerous third-party tools etc. based on ClamAV:

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Installing/Community-projects.html

--

73,
Ged.