List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users]  =?iso-8859-1?q?ClamAV=AE_blog=3A_ClamAV_0=2E104?=
From:       "Micah Snyder \(micasnyd\) via clamav-users" <clamav-users () lists ! clamav ! net>
Date:       2021-08-22 2:14:34

Thanks Yasuhiro!

Jerry:

Our ability to easily build installers/packages for different operating sys=
tems is enabled by CMake's CPack tool.

The CMake/CPack documentation has instructions for a FreeBSD package genera=
tor (https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/cpack_gen/freebsd.html), but when =
I went to use it, it the FreeBSD generator was missing. I was in a bit of a=
 rush, so I didn't investigate it further, but now I see that CMake, as pro=
vided by the FreeBSD packaging/ports system, disabled the FreeBSD CPack gen=
erator by default. They marked it as "experimental". See: https://stackover=
flow.com/questions/65814753/how-to-tell-cpack-to-use-the-freebsd-generator

In a VM just now, I was able to configure & install cmake with FreeBSD CPac=
k generator support through ports so it provides the feature. I was then ab=
le to use it to build a .txz package using roughly the same method as for t=
he Linux packages.  It seems to be working, at least on the same system.  I=
'll have to investigate if I can add it to our CI system.  I will probably =
need a minor change to our CMakeLists.txt to automatically get "freebsd.<ar=
ch>" into the package file name.

Related: I would like to add Linux ARM64 packages as well, but don't have m=
achines attached to Jenkins to build and test them yet.

But no promises on getting these working in time for 0.104 stable release. =
 Thankfully, Yasuhiro takes good care of the FreeBSD community.  And I have=
 no plan to recommend our packages over those provided by FreeBSD, Debian, =
EPEL, etc.  I just hope the new packages will make it easier for some folks=
 who aren't as lucky, and for people to try out release candidates and such=
.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos