List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users]  =?iso-8859-1?q?ClamAV=AE__blog=3A_ClamAV_0=2E104?=
From:       Henrik K <hege () hege ! li>
Date:       2021-08-05 9:53:57

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 08:17:19PM +0000, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:

> Sorry no we don't test on Solaris anymore.  To be frank, it seems pretty
> clear that Oracle isn't maintaining Solaris anymore.  All of the packages
> are years out of date, even the opencsw ones.  It simply wasn't worth the
> effort to maintain the solaris 10 and 11 vms we used to test with.  Our
> list of systems that we test on is
> https://docs.clamav.net/#supported-platforms

No problems on Solaris 11.4.32.0.1.88.3 (SPARC) here with latest fixes,
0.104 actually works stable and fast so far.  Some more ancient versions
just kept crashing and were sloow (then again older Solaris versions had
ancient gcc etc).

Oracle DOES maintain Solaris, current 11.4 has quite recent GCC (10.2) and
other libraries (curl 7.71 etc).  All requirements except libcheck are OS
provided, just pkg install them.

Only thing that needed some manual fixing was some curses paths.

mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. \
  -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" \
  -D ENABLE_TESTS=OFF \
  -D PCRE2_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/pcre \
  -D NCURSES_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/ncurses \
  -D CURSES_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/64/libncurses.so

# Seems NCURSES_INCLUDE_DIR isn't used here..
sed -i 's#<ncurses.h>#<ncurses/ncurses.h>#' clamav-config.h

-- Configuration Options Summary --
    Package Version:        ClamAV 0.104.0-rc
    libclamav version:      10:0:1
    libfreshclam version:   2:2:0
    Install prefix:         /usr/local
    Install database dir:   /usr/local/share/clamav
    Install config dir:     /usr/local/etc
    Host system:            SunOS-5.11
    Target system:          SunOS-5.11
    Compiler:
        Build type:         Release
        C compiler:         /usr/bin/gcc
        C++ compiler:       /usr/bin/c++
        CFLAGS:             -O3
        CXXFLAGS:           -O3
        WARNCFLAGS:          -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-security
    Build Options:
        Build apps:         ON
        Shared library:     ON
        Static library:     OFF
        Enable UnRAR:       ON
        Examples:           OFF
        Tests:              OFF
        Build man pages:    ON
        Build doxygen HTML: OFF
    Build Extras:
        Build milter:       ON  (toggle with -DENABLE_MILTER=ON/OFF)
-- Engine Options --
        Bytecode Runtime:
            interpreter
-- libclamav Dependencies --
        Compression support:
            bzip2           /usr/include
                            /usr/lib/64/libbz2.so
            zlib            /usr/include
                            /usr/lib/64/libz.so
        XML support:
            libxml2         /usr/include/libxml2;/usr/include/libxml2
                            /usr/lib/64/libxml2.so
        RegEx support:
            libpcre2        /usr/include/pcre
                            /usr/lib/64/libpcre2-8.so
        Crypto support:
            openssl         /usr/include
                            /usr/lib/64/libssl.so;/usr/lib/64/libcrypto.so
        JSON support:
            json-c          /usr/include/json-c
                            /usr/lib/64/libjson-c.so
        Threading support: