List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users] Are signatures for Windows only?
From:       Paul Kosinski via clamav-users <clamav-users () lists ! clamav ! net>
Date:       2019-04-23 4:03:02

We use ClamAV (actually libclamav) with HAVP to scan HTTP traffic as
well as using it (clamd) to scan incoming email.

Since so much traffic is moving to HTTPS, I would love to see some
browser plugins -- in our case Firefox (ESR) -- for ClamAV. Something
that used libclamav (ala HAVP) would be best. Given the unfortunate
removal of XUL, a Firefox "Extension" (as opposed to a "Plugin") might
no longer be possible, and would certainly be slower than something
plugged in to the guts of Firefox. A hook in Firefox which piped data
to clamd (or whatever) might also be adequately fast.

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 19:36:49 +0000