List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users] C++ Compiler for IBM AIX-6100
From:       Matteo Dessalvi <m.dessalvi () gsi ! de>
Date:       2016-03-24 11:15:44

Hello.

I am not sure if it will be helpful for you but in the past
I have successfully compiled ClamAV (0.8x series) on
Solaris and Tru64 UNIX using a GCC compiler (in the
last case I had 'cc' to compile GCC from the sources).

I believe you can get a GCC for AIX 6.1 from here:

ftp://www.oss4aix.org/compatible/aix61/

On the IBM blog there's also an howto (although for
AIX 7.1):

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/mhhaque/entry/how_to_use_gcc_or_g_compiler_on_aix_7?lang=en

Best regards,
      Matteo Dessalvi