List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users] adding a new scan target to the daily
From:       Gene Heskett <gheskett () wdtv ! com>
Date:       2015-05-30 9:27:47

On Friday 29 May 2015 11:56:35 Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> All this talk about this HTML exploit makes me want to add my own "on
> this machine" web pages to the list of targets to scan.  Since they
> are scattered far and wide in the /opt tree, but most are links
> from /var/www/html, if I add that one location to the list, will it
> follow the links?
>
> Its been so long since I setup the original scan jobs I'll have to
> find those scripts again.  That is one of the signs of old age they
> tell me, but I'm only 80. ;-)

Short answer is no, but the manpage says --follow-dir-symlinks=2
and --follow-file-symlinks=2 added to the crontab invocation shoulkd at
least explore the permissions issues if any.  I may have to put that in
roots crontab as some of that I have no permissions to access.

What did get scanned this morning was clean.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)