List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [clamav-users] Debian packaging
From:       "G.W. Haywood" <clamav () jubileegroup ! co ! uk>
Date:       2015-03-31 16:46:34

Hi there,

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015, Torge Husfeldt wrote:

> I had to emergency-disable archive-scanning more than a month ago and
> still have no solution.

Is there some reason that you can't compile ClamAV yourself?

For a number of packages I prefer to do that rather than use the
configurations supplied by Debian.

> Looks like, if I want to continue to protect ~10M domains in Shared
> Hosting using clamav I will have to ask my employer to provide a
> debian-lts-maintainer for it ...

I hardly think that's necessary, but as presumably your employer
operates for a profit, perhaps that entity would consider supporting
Open Source in some way.  Of course that wouldn't make it any more
likely that I'd accept mail from its servers. :)

--

73,
Ged.