List:       clamav-users
Subject:    [clamav-users] Re-2: confirm fc348079837XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXb8a2a7
From:       "Steve Scotter" <clamav-users () spectrumcs ! net>
Date:       2012-11-20 21:20:06

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your comments...

I realised this is going OT but...

> It looks like you are rejecting mail based on an invalid DKIM signature.
> You shouldn't do that, sourcefire.com doesn't even list an ADSP policy.

I see what you mean, _adsp._domainkey.sourcefire.com doesn't exist.

> But even if it did, you should still whitelist mails coming from known
> mailinglists, because mailinglists tend to always break DKIM signatures of
> the original sender, because of modifications to subject and body of the e-
> mail.

I've love to but opendkim doesn't appear (on first glance) to have the ability to do \
that. Will look into that.

> But rejecting on a bad DKIM signature alone is simply not someone should
> ever do. (If you're really keen to delete mails based on DKIM signatures,
> look at DMARC instead: www.dmarc.org. That still doesn't deal with
> mailinglist mails though, DMARC is aimed at large phishing-sensitive
> senders like paypal or BoA)

Just to clarifiy, are you suggesting that rejecting a DKIM signed email from a domain \
with a ADSP record of "dkim=discardable" still shoulnd't be rejected?

Steve