List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [Clamav-users] clamav-milter whitelist not always working
From:       Jerry <gesbbb () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-09-08 13:39:00

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:07:37 +0200
aCaB <acabng@digitalfuture.it> wrote:

> Jerry wrote:
> > OK, I see. I am not sure who created the default clamav-milter.conf
> > for FreeBSD; however, the instruction could have been clearer. As
> > you can see from the snippet I supplied in the original post, the
> > only specifications are either 'To:' or 'From:', not the "MAIL
> > FROM" or "RCPT TO" commands.
>
> Hi Jerry,
>
> The wording can sure be improved however it seems pretty clear to me
> that "From:" and "To:" are referred to the whitelist file format and
> not to the mail headers:
>
> "Optionally each line can start with the string "From:" or
> "To:" (note: no whitespace after the colon) indicating if it is,
> respectively, the sender or recipient that is to be whitelisted."

I am sorry if it appeared that I was criticizing anyone. All I was
pointing out is that the documentation simply referred to "To: or
From:" sans trailing space. I believe that the documentation can be
easily misinterpreted. A more detailed explanation, possibly including
an actual example, might prove fruitful. Then again, what do I know!

--
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com

"Just saying "no" prevents teenage pregnancy the way "Have a nice day"
cures chronic depression."

        Faye Wattleton
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faye_Wattleton