List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [Clamav-users] Option NOT to log empty files
From:       Tomasz Papszun <tomek-clam-users () lodz ! tpsa ! pl>
Date:       2009-09-07 14:20:11

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 at  8:23:00 -0400, Rick Stanley wrote:
> I was not clear enough in my original message.
>
> I am running clamscan from a Knoppix Live-CD to scan a Windows drive,
> logging to a file in memory.  I want to see most of the information
> messages,  warnings, errors, and of course, instances of infections, but
> don't want or need to see, nor record the 590 empty files on the drive.
> This should be a fairly simple switch to implement, and wanted to submit
> this as a feature request to the developers.  They know the code much
> better than myself.  Syslog seems to be overkill just to do a quick
> one-time malware scan.

If I understand your needs correctly,
'-i' option ("Only print infected files") is the solution for you.
Present in clamscan for years.

P.S.
Please don't top-post.
--
 Tomasz Papszun                                     | And it's only
 tomek at lodz.tpsa.pl http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.