List:       clamav-users
Subject:    [Clamav-users] what to do about a false positive
From:       Fred Bacon <bacon () aerodyne ! com>
Date:       2008-02-07 22:13:45

Hi,

I was scanning my Windows machine and ClamAV identified part of my Intel
Fortran compiler as a virus.  I uploaded the file to virscan.org and
clamav was the only scanner to identify it as a virus.  I tried to
submit the file online as a false positive, but it was too large.  Even
zipped up, it is more than 5MB.  Is there some other avenue for
submitting this false positive?

Fred Bacon
Senior Scientist
Aerodyne Research, Inc.