List:       clamav-users
Subject:    [Clamav-users] first daily.pdb published
From:       "Sven Strickroth" <sstrickroth () gym-oha ! de>
Date:       2006-09-27 1:11:13

Hi,

today I published the first release of daily.pdb (included in daily.cvd) for
the new phishing detection algo written by Edvin Török as part of the Summer
Of Code 2006.

It won't break any other clamav installation.

This algorithmic detection is only available in the cvs-version, which you
can download at http://www.clamav.net/snapshot.html, when it is build with
"./configure --enable-experimental".

As you can see it's not the stable version and "experimental" code, we can't
recommend to use it in production.

To disable the algorithmic detection:

use --no-phishing-scan-urls for clamscan and the corresponding
PhishingScanURLs option in clamd.conf

Looking forward for you ideas, comments, results (and bug reports).

Best regards,

Sven