List:       clamav-users
Subject:    RE: [Clamav-users] I-Worm/Generic.RX undetected
From:       "Randal, Phil" <prandal () herefordshire ! gov ! uk>
Date:       2006-09-20 14:49:43

Daniel Hertanu wrote:

> Yesterday I received 3 emails in which the local antivirus (AVG for
> Windows, Free edition) has detected a virus named
> I-Worm/Generic.RX. The email server is a sendmail with
> clamav-milter. Having a look into the log
> file I discovered that clamav-milter declared the emails as clean.
> Freshclam is executed daily, so the virus database is updated.
> As this virus name is not listed in Clamav virus database,
> I'm wondering if there is known under a different name,
> and, if so, why it was not detected.
> Any idea would be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Daniel

The standard rule is to submit any sample raw email to each of

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

http://www.virustotal.com/

http://www.clamav.net/sendvirus.html

That way you're doing a service to the whole internet community (as well
as finding out which scanners pick it up already).

Cheers,

Phil
--
Phil Randal