List:       clamav-users
Subject:    Re: [Clamav-users] libcurl support in latest ClamAV
From:       Nigel Horne <njh () bandsman ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-08-27 4:52:53

On Thursday 26 Aug 2004 20:34, Brett Simpson wrote:
> I noticed the libcurl support to follow urls. I tried setting up a test by sending \
> myself an email with a link to a virus on a test web server but it doesn't pick up \
> there's a virus. I have curl-devel installed and when I compiled clamav it picked \
> up that I had libcurl. Is this still very Alpha or am I doing something wrong?

[snip]
> After I receive the email I save it into mbox format:
> [root@slim root]# clamscan --mail-follow-url url-test-mail
> url-test-mail: OK

[snip]

> http://172.27.228.145/document.zip

Three things
1) The support for libcurl is only in the development version
2) You need to recompile libclamav/mbox.c with FOLLOWURLS defined
3) The reason it doesn't work with your example is that currently it only scans html \
formatted email. So try it again with an e-mail with contents such as:
 <HTML><BODY>
 <A HREF="http://172.27.228.145/document.zip">Click here to download a virus</A>
 </BODY></HTML>

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325