List:       clamav-devel
Subject:    [Clamav-devel] automatic file submission
From:       Dave M <dave.nerd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-28 14:01:34

Hello,

I'd like to add the ability to let end users automatically upload
suspicious files from a GUI interface.  I have two questions about
this:

1. Do you have any objections with this kind of functionality?  I
can't imagine there would be too many submissions as a result as the
GUI is for Linux, but there are a decent number of users in general.

2. If there are no objections, is there anything you'd like me to add
to the required website fields (name, email address, etc)?  I could
automate those to identify as the GUI, or ensure the user fills those
in and understands not to submit more than 2 per day (for example).

Or, if there are objections, there is an api for Virustotal, and that
way you wouldn't deal as directly with this.

The quick, standalone version (non-GUI) is here:
http://clamtk.sf.net/submit.pl.html .

Thanks in advance,
Dave M