List:       clamav-devel
Subject:    [Clamav-devel] acinclude.m4 update, please
From:       Stephen Gran <steve () lobefin ! net>
Date:       2006-07-02 11:23:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello all,

So yesterday I was building Debian packages of the new version, and I
was updating the libtool version and so forth, and wondering why I have
more trouble doing so with clamav than other projects, so I finally took
a real look.

It turns out AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is AC_DEFUN'd in acinclude.m4, rather
than aclocal.m4.  This prevents a run of aclocal from updating it to
a newer version.  The best way to fix this is just to remove the 3,800
lines from acinclude.m4, and run aclocal again.  I could send a patch,
but I'm not sure anyone here wants a patch approaching 4000 lines to go
the mailing list :)

If you want a patch mailed to you outside of the list, let me know - I'd
be happy to provide one.

Thanks,
--=20
|  Stephen Gran                  | He that would govern others, first      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | should be the master of himself.        |