List:       clamav-devel
Subject:    Re: [Clamav-devel] libclamav and viruses questions.
From:       Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-12-23 10:56:50

I did not know it.
One year ago, I was seeking  for a filtering solution for squid proxy.
While I was seeking I read about ICAP protocol and one of squids branch
which supports it.

I had read a lot of  thinks,  I was searching for long time for other
implementations,
I read about ICAP servers, antivirus software  but I never read these
discusions or a relevant reference.
Now it seems that we are working on the same think.
I don't now, maybe we can collaborate.

I am considering the ICAP protocol not only as an
antivirus solution but as a general solutions which will supports a number
of services. One of these services will be the antivirus service.
An other service maybe has the functionality  of squidGuard
(categorized list of  sites and access control on them).
An other maybe is a translator from one language to another.
One of my major goals is to provide support for continued streams
for video or audio streams for example.

One more issue in which someone must take care is that a new  protocol
for filtering currently designed, the OCP protocol
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-ocp-core-05.txt)
and maybe in the feature replace ICAP protocol (My opinion is not in
near feature ...).

Now, I am planning to start the development of antivirus service
but Iam thinking it as a fatigue (like the works of the army: washing
plates
or stairs etc).

In the other hand I am working slowly as I have to make money for living
which means that I have to develop other thinks simultaneusly for
customers...

However, if any help needed by clamav developers about ICAP protocol
I am going to try to help them.

Christos