List:       ckrm-tech
Subject:    [ckrm-tech] Re: Patch set(s)
From:       "ibm-main" <ibm-main () tpg ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-09-25 3:50:33

From: "Gerrit Huizenga"

> I'll need to try extracting a few dependent patches, applying to mainline,
> then applying the f series patches to see if we can create something
> that is usable and stable.  That is going to take me a couple of weeks
> to work through.  So, in the meantime, using -mm may be a short term
> solution if the stability issues don't start eating us alive.  In the
> longer term, self-contained, minimal ports against 2.6 mainline would
> be the goal, much like the current e series is.

To try and help, I had a bit of a play as well.
Tried 2.6.13-mm3 against 2.6.13 base. Had issues with the ISDN support -
pulled it out as I don't use it, was merely selected in the .config I
happened to copy across. Built o.k.after that.
f0.1 patch fails in two hunks (../fs/Makefile    ../init/main.c)  - both
merely extra lines after the -mm3 patch. Simple to fix., and only an issue
until the patch is re-generated.
System makes fine, and /rcfs mounts o.k. - waiting for more code to test,
particularly configfs.

Tried to decide on a "minimal" patch set (from -mm3); following seems a
reasonable start -:
linus.patch
git-ocfs2-prep.patch
git-ocfs2.patch
netlink-connector.patch

With these, f0.1 has the same two issues, but makes and runs as above. The
fast mount/unmount script runs fine.

As an aside, I also tried e19 with this set to see if I could get the
configfs patches from Shailabh to work with the ocfs2 code. Lots of problems
with ipv4, so gave up.

Shane ...