List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: Simultaneous Logins with Fixed, but different IP-Numbers
From:       miquels () cistron-office ! nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
Date:       2001-07-31 15:05:18

In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0107311323100.28510-100000@WarpCore.i.OpenIT.DE>,
Susanne Schultz  <cistron-radius@lists.cistron.nl> wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>I'm trying to figure out how I can enable multiple logins and assign
>them different IP-addresses.

You can't. A user has a static IP address or an address from the
pool, there's no other choice ..

>OK, I have the Simultaneous-Use = 2 parameter in my users-file, but
>if both are logged in they get the same IP-number.

Makes sense.

>Can anybody give me a hint how to avoid this? I have to arrange
>multiple logins under the same user-id, with fixed IP-addresses
>as well as with dynamic IP-addresses.

If your NAS supports multiple pools which you can assign by name
from the radius server, you could create tiny pools of a few
IP addresses and assign those. Won't really scale past one NAS though.

Mike.
--
"dselect has a user interface which scares small children"
	-- Theodore Tso, on debian-devel

-