List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: 1.6.5 about to be released
From:       Philip Hickey <philip.hickey () eircom ! net>
Date:       2001-07-24 11:06:34

Hi

I have just down loaded 1.6.5 and in dictionary.tunnel there are 2
RFC2868 tunnel attributes that could be added.  I used them when working
with 1.6.4 + patch.

ATTRIBUTE       Tunnel-Client-Auth-Id           90      string
has_tag
This Attribute specifies the name used by the tunnel initiator during
the authentication phase of tunnel establishment.

ATTRIBUTE       Tunnel-Server-Auth-Id           91      string
has_tag
This Attribute specifies the name used by the tunnel terminator during
the authentication phase of tunnel establishment.

It would be nice if it could be added to 1.6.5 before it is released.

Below is a sample of the tunnel profile with one of the above attribute:

 DEFAULT Realm = "vpn20.com", Auth-Type = Accept
       Service-Type = Outbound-User,
       Tunnel-Type = :2:L2TP,
       Tunnel-Medium-Type = :2:IP,
       Tunnel-Client-Auth-Id = :2:"vpn20",
       Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = :2:"10.10.11.2",
       Tunnel-Password = :2:"book"

Regards
Philip Hickey
eircom net