List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: MPP
From:       Alan DeKok <aland () giles ! striker ! ottawa ! on ! ca>
Date:       2001-02-26 20:06:12

"Andrew J. Bostaph" <abostaph@usa.net> wrote:
> Is MPP (Multilink PPP) is supported by Cistron?

  Yes.

> Also, any info about connecting a Gandalf 5232i to a RADIUS
> authenticated Cisco AS5300 would be great.

  People still use those?  Wow!  My last day at Gandalf was the day
they got bought by Mitel.

  (sigh) Those are fond memories... working for a near-bankrupt
company, and playing Tomb Raider & Diablo all day. :)

  I was the 5242i/5232i bridge guy for a while, but I don't recall
much about it.  Hmm... you're probably talking about the 5232er, which
is a router.  The bridge used a proprietary Gandalf SL/ML protocol,
which definitely isn't supported by the Cisco box.

  All you should have to do is to configure a username/password on the
5232, and it will get sent via PPP to the Cisco box, which then does
RADIUS.  The 5232 will never do RADIUS itself.

  Alan DeKok.

-
Please read this lists info at http://www.miquels.cistron.nl/radius/list/