List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: Some Compliments and a couple of questions
From:       MegaZone <megazone () megazone ! org>
Date:       1999-02-27 11:45:59

Once upon a time Steve Sherwick shaped the electrons to say...
>have a Livingston like system that I am testing on and the default
>dictionary seems to be running well. My intent is to light up a USR Hiper
>on monday in addition. How does Cistron Radius know to use the USR
>dictionary? More importantly in a mixed platform environment how does it
>know WHICH dictionary to use for which platform.

It doesn't matter.  You'll note that all RADIUS attributes map to a number.
The words just don't matter - those are just for human convenience.  You just
can't have the same number defined more than once, but you can have multiple
words dereference to the same number.  The NAS has no idea what dictionary
is used, it just gets numbers in the packet.

If you wanted to be silly you could create your own dictionary in any
language you want - like Klingon.

-MZ
--
-=*X GOT CLUE? ISPF II - SAN DIEGO, CA 3/6-10 <URL:http://www.ispf.com/> X*=-