List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: Exec-Program-Timeout x Load-Module
From:       Simon Lindsay <simon () iweb ! net ! au>
Date:       1998-12-31 11:27:00

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Emilio Cesar C. Melo wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Simon Lindsay wrote:
> > It all sounds good, but I'm more keen on Embedding Perl, I dunno what
> > others use, but my startup/shutdown scripts are perl/mysql and If I could
> > write c well enough to make a module, then i'd just hack the source to do
> > exactly what I want.
>
> 	As for Apache, the answer is mod_perl.  (And, why not, mod_python?
> mod_java?, mod_visual_basic^H^H^H^W)

Ahah - now i see where you're coming from!

> 	If it is loaded once, but as a module, nobody can stand and say
> "but I don't want the overhead of perl in MY radiusd".

Yep, how tricky is it to do modules though?

Can mod_perl just be ripped off from apache then? :-)

Simon Lindsay         simon@iweb.net.au  http://www.iweb.net.au/~simon
Technical Manager     Ph.     (08) 8221 5444      Fx.   (08) 8221 5450
InterWeb Connections  Mob.    (04) 1382 8493      Icq.  1485568