List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: DEFAULT doesn't work
From:       "Miquel van Smoorenburg" <miquels () cistron ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-22 18:06:12

In article <002d01c201b6$6f3adf00$6400a8c0@pnt004>,
CertaintyTech - Ed Henderson <ed.henderson@certainty.net> wrote:
>I am using v.1.6.6 and recently have been adding a few filters to my dial-in
>customers.  I am having trouble with the DEFAULTS working (at least how I
>think they should work). What I want to happen is for the filters
>"block_smtp" and "block_netbios" to be applied for ALL users.  I also want
>an add'l filter "block_nntp" added for users who are in the UNIX group
>"fsafe".  But for some reason the Filter-Id attributes in the last DEFAULT
>are not applied.  So that users in the fsafe group only get the filter
>"block_nntp" and other users get none applied.  I am stumped.  Any help is
>much appreciated.  Here is an example from my users file:

If an attribute is set in a profile (or entry, whatever you
want to call it) it cannot be overriden by the same attribute
with another value in another matching profile. And, they are
also not additive.

They do work additive in a single profile, just not
between different ones.

So basically if you're going to define a Filter-Id in a profile,
you need to define the complete set.

Mike.
--
"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
  - R.D. Lang

-