List:       cisco-voip
Subject:    Re: [cisco-voip] [External]  Copper plant
From:       Hunter Fuller via cisco-voip <cisco-voip () puck ! nether ! net>
Date:       2022-02-04 20:11:56

We have all our in-building analogs for elevators, etc. on VoIP. There
is a University policy where if a building is without power for 30
minutes we close the building. I highly recommend this. Why are people
still in the building without power - presumably they aren't getting
much done, and it's going to get cold/hot after a while. In the case
where there is no option (aka dorms), we have one analog gateway per
building and ensure we throw enough UPS at it to last 2 hours in a
power outage.

For our more remote locations we are actually decommissioning the
emergency call boxes etc. If that isn't an option, I recommend you
pick up some of these. http://janus-rc.com/LTE_POTSwap.html You don't
replace the analog device, you just connect it to this and it converts
it to VoLTE.

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey