List:       cisco-voip
Subject:    Re: [cisco-voip] SME or Leaf Subscriber Offline Timer
From:       Ryan Huff <ryanhuff () outlook ! com>
Date:       2017-05-15 18:31:32

In what way are you classifying a "fail"?

Once a subscriber node goes offline, replication to that node will stop/fai=
l at the next replication attempt with that node (and be marked down even s=
ooner than that). If database replication for the ENTIRE cluster has failed=
, it isn't because of a subscriber that has gone offline (if you're talking=
 about an OLD cluster version (6.x<) still using hub/spoke replication and =
the Publisher went down, different story).

The amount of time it takes from the time the subscriber goes on vacation t=
o the time a replication attempt is made with that node and subsequently fa=
ils can vary, driven primarily, I believe, by the replication timeout set (=
latency issues aside if the subject replication traverses a WAN).

From the CLI, a "show tech repltimeout" should show you the current timeout=
 value set in the cluster. You can, cautiously and with purpose I would adv=
ise, set the replication values to something different using, "utils dbrepl=
ication setrepltimeout". As an example; for a 3-4 node cluster over WAN (us=
ing reasonable WAN latency 17Ms-20Ms<), I'd be comfortable with about 300 s=
econds (figuring each server taking a full minute to replicate).

The "Steps to Troubleshoot Database Replication" guide has a good read on t=
his topic: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications=
/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Da=
tabase-Replicati.html#anc7

Thanks,

Ryan