List:       cisco-voip
Subject:    Re: [cisco-voip] Jabber for Win / Alerting name
From:       Gary Parker <G.J.Parker () lboro ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2016-05-27 13:04:14

> On 27 May 2016, at 13:45, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had a report from a user this morning that they called someone using jabber for \
> win and the wrong name came up as the alerting name. The DN has the correct \
> alerting name for the person, so I am guessing jabber is doing a lookup somewhere.
> I found the following doc about calling party name:
> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/116433-probsol-jabber-00.html
>
> Anyone know if Jabber does the same shenanigans for alerting name? LDAP seems to be \
> correct so if this applies I'm guessing it's something wrong from outlook stuck in \
> jabber's name cache. It's a VP level so I don't have immediate access to just go \
> wipe it out and try it.
> I can't reproduce the issue calling the same number myself, so it appears to be \
> local to him.

Jabber completely ignores the calling party name and, instead, does a kind of \
reverse-lookup of the DN against either ipPhone or telephoneNumber (I can't remember \
which) in the AD (or your directory of choice) and give you the displayName data \
returned.

This gives you problems in two scenarios:

- your AD is out of sync with your corporate directory
- you have more than one person in your AD with the same DN and Jabber displays the \
first hit it receives

---
> Unified Communications Service Manager      |
n      Loughborough University, IT Services       |
> tel:+441509635635 im:ccgjp@lboro.ac.uk      o
> http://delphium.lboro.ac.uk/pubkey.txt      |

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]