List:       cisco-voip
Subject:    Re: [cisco-voip] off-net and on-net classification of route patterns and gateways
From:       Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio () uoguelph ! ca>
Date:       2015-01-27 21:58:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks Peter. That one slipped my mind as well. I guess, for all intents and \
purposes, on-net is really when it's an enterprise system, regardless of how it gets \
from side to side.

Would have to consider all of this when marking them on-net vs off-net.

One thing I do recall, when connecting our PBX, is because we didn't have CDRs \
enabled on our PBX, is that we had to plug in the extension of the PBX phone into the \
equivalent external calling mask field, because this was what being marked in the \
CallManager CDRs.

I suspect the on-net vs off-net affects how CDRs are cut as well and what number is \
shown to the called party.

I'm going to test extension to extension dialing tomorrow to see how that plays \
through.

I'm thinking more and more that everything should be marked as on-net, and then the \
off-campus calls are marked off-net when they finally get off.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure