List:       cisco-voip
Subject:    Re: [cisco-voip] Urgent: Output attenuation - What is louder
From:       Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-30 17:04:56

If you want incoming voice from PSTN to sound louder, then you'd use
input gain -3 on the voice port

If you want your outgoing audio to the PSTN to sound louder, then you'd
use output attenuation -6.

But, if your signal to the PSTN is too "hot", then you'll run into
problems.  We had an issue with DTMF digits to a conference calling
system not registering correctly until we removed the output attenuation.