List:       cisco-voip
Subject:    Re: [cisco-voip] Cisco 7935 firmware issues
From:       Wes Sisk <wsisk () cisco ! com>
Date:       2005-12-30 2:35:33

your phone is a brick and can only be fixed with a special hardware
box, sorry.  RMA it.

sorry.  the firmware is erased and you are in the polycom equivalent
of rommon.

/Wes

On Dec 14, 2005, at 7:35 PM, IT wrote:

Hello,

I have inherited a Cisco 7935 and I am running CM 4.0
I am having trouble getting the 7935 to pick up new firmware. I have a
tftp server running on my CM Publisher, and the device defaults are set
correctly for the firmware version. However, the screen only displays:
Station IP: 10.96.3.58
Contacting: 10.96.3.11 (my tftp server)

When I go to http://10.96.3.58 I get:
Wind Web Server Error Report:
Server Error: 501 Not Implemented
No RPM for this combination of URL and method
/dynaform/index_Dyna.htm

I am able to telnet to 10.96.3.58, but I get a username & password
prompt, but I do not know the password, and cisco/cisco doesn't work.

Does anyone know how else I can force flash this device?

On another note, I had to explicitly set the VLAN on my switch, as the
device was picking up the data vlan when connecting, shouldn't this
device auto register on the voice vlan?

Thanks,
Avidan

This email may contain trade secrets and/or other information that is
proprietary and/or confidential. Use of this by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not
the intended recipient, delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.