List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    Re: [nsp] Tripwire for routers
From:       "David P. Maynard" <dpm () flametree ! com>
Date:       2001-07-29 21:33:48

> http://www.tripwire.com/press/press_release/pr.cfml?prid=74&

You should also visit:

http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/

It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of the Tripwire product, but
it wouldn't be very hard to add them if you wanted.

I do applaud the Tripwire folks for coming out with a product in this
space.  There is definitely a place for a commercially supported tool.

-dpm

[Disclaimer: My only affiliation with RANCID is as a user and an apostle.]

--
 David P. Maynard, CTO
 OutServ.net, Inc. -- The IT Operations Solution [TM]