List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    [nsp] Bad Modem
From:       mkashif1 () pop-khi1 ! super ! net ! pk
Date:       2001-05-28 6:35:29

Hi,
we are using AS-5300 for dial-up user's and yesterday we found a new
problem. The users used the Internet service and after using the services
they disconnected the service but the modem didn't got disconnected and
they hanged, NAS marked the state Bad "B" on those 5 modems. Those MICA
modems got stucked and the modem showed that users who were connected last
time on those modems are still connected and their timmer is running.
We solved the probelm by removing the "B" from those modems but I would
like to know that why this thing happend? can it happen again?
thanks,
KS