List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    Re: [c-nsp] Cisco Nexus 3k Route Selection\Packet Forwarding Debugging
From:       Mike Hammett via cisco-nsp <cisco-nsp () puck ! nether ! net>
Date:       2023-05-02 15:02:57

We have upgraded NX-OS to a new major version and have the same results.

Apr 20 09:36:05 UTC: %UFDM-3-FIB_IPv4_ROUTE_CONSISTENCY_CHECKER_FAIL: FIB IPv4 \
consistency checker FAILED on slot 1 Apr 19 13:55:57 UTC: \
%IPFIB-2-FIB_TCAM_RESOURCE_EXHAUSTION_LPM_IPV4: FIB TCAM exhausted for IPV4 routes in \
LPM table

show forwarding inconsistency
69. slot(1), vrf(default), prefix(198.XXX.XXX.0/YY), Route inconsistent in FIB \
Software.

Well, those seem like problems.

EASTGATE401-BGP-02# show ip route summary
IP Route Table for VRF "default"
Total number of routes: 292
Total number of paths:  292

Unicast paths:
Best paths per protocol:      Backup paths per protocol:
  am             : 48           None
  local          : 8
  direct         : 8
  static         : 5
  broadcast      : 19
  bgp-XXXXX      : 204

Number of routes per mask-length:
  /0 : 1       /8 : 1       /18: 2       /19: 4       /20: 26
  /21: 24      /22: 35      /23: 18      /24: 100     /27: 1
  /28: 1       /29: 1       /30: 4       /32: 74

It's choking on only 292 routes?

Error Message FIB_TCAM_RESOURCE_EXHAUSTION_LPM_IPV4: FIB TCAM exhausted for IPV4 \
routes in LPM table Explanation The TCAM device in the Layer 3 forwarding ASIC has \
reached its system limits for IPv4 entries in the LPM table.

Recommended Action No action is required.

TCAM is exhausted and no action is recommended?

Error Message UFDM-3-FIB_IPv4_ROUTE_CONSISTENCY_CHECKER_FAIL: FIB IPv4 consistency \
checker FAILED on slot [chars] Explanation FIB Ipv4 route consistency checker Failed. \
Route database is consistent with hardware

Recommended Action No action is required.

The FIB is inconsistent and no action is recommended?

EASTGATE401-BGP-02# show system internal forwarding route summary

slot  1
=======

IPv4 hosts & routes summary on module 1

Max host route entries : 8192
Total number of IPv4 host routes used: 72
Max LPM table entries : 7167
Total number of IPv4 LPM routes used : 16

I seem to be out of my depth here in that 292 is less than 7167, but yet it still \
fails.

-----
Mike Hammett
[ http://www.ics-il.com/ | Intelligent Computing Solutions ]