List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    Re: [c-nsp] ASR9900 - Copy files from USB key
From:       Jared Mauch <jared () puck ! nether ! net>
Date:       2019-05-21 9:28:59

> On May 20, 2019, at 11:03 PM, Erik Sundberg <ESundberg@nitelusa.com> wrote:
>
> Little follow up.
>
> On a ASR9906 6.3.3 (32bit) the usb key comes up as usb: but on 6.3.3 (64-bit) it's \
> disk2:
>
> Copying the 6.3.3 migration files from a USB Key was 182 seconds, with HTTP it was \
> around 1 hour. (1.3 G File) Doing a install add source 6.5.3 64-bit from a USB Key \
> was 15 minutes and using http was an 1 1/2 hours.  (1.5 G File)
> So sourcing files from a USB key are 4x times... Which is to be expected.
>
> The bandwidth to the HTTP server is 100M and <30msec latency, but the circuit was \
> never maxed. For some reason coping from a HTTP server is just super slow…

Do you have selective-ack enabled?

Try these and see if your TCP is better:

tcp selective-ack
tcp window-size 65535

We had issues with this in the past at my prior employer and these options solved \
much of it.  I'm trying to recall if we ever got the window scaling stuff fixed but I \
forget.  I think their TCP stack didn't do window scaling if you tcpdump it.  It \
might be different in eXR.

- Jared