List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    Re: [c-nsp] ASR 920 firmware bugs in 03.18.00.S / 15.6(2)S
From:       Chris Welti <chris.welti () switch ! ch>
Date:       2016-04-28 12:59:42

My guess is that only the ASR-920-24SZ-M model is affected, as it's the only model \
that does NOT have dual-rate 10G ports. By default, if there is no license at all, \
the 10GE ports are put in admin down state.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/configuration/guide/csa/b_port_licensing_asr920.html
 Table 2:
"Without license: With no 10G licensed installed, the ports Te0/0/24 – Te0/0/27 \
cannot be used. They remain in "admin-down" state and cannot be activated using the \
no shutdown command. With license: After you install and activate the license with \
single bundle count, ports Te0/0/24 – Te0/0/25 are activated. The remaining ports \
will be in "admin-down" state. When you install the second bundle license (bundle \
count=2), all TenGig ports (Te0/0/24 – Te0/0/27) are activated. "

In all other models, the 10GE ports will just be put into 1G mode instead of 10G mode \
when there is no license activated. Thus it will not change the ports admin state \
when a transceiver is removed.

Note that the document above was written before flexi license.

Before Flexi license, specific ports were activated with the different possible \
licenses, in case of a bulk license, all ports were activated. With Flexi license, \
there is just an amount of 1G and 10G ports that is licensed and the licence for a \
port will be activated (removed from available pool) or de-activated (added to \
available pool) upon insertion/removal of the SFP/SFP+.

They should just fix the behaviour of the non-dual-rate 10GE ports so that they are \
not put into admin down state when there is no license.

Regards,
Chris