List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    Re: [c-nsp] PBA best practices
From:       Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <achatz () forthnet ! gr>
Date:       2016-02-29 22:40:14

We did various measurements in our network and we ended up with the following for DSL \
customers using DS-Lite:

block size 512
max blocks per user 16
block timeout 120
address-sharing-ratio 8:1

avg usage is 34 ports per block and 1,3 blocks per address, but the top 1% are at \
least x10.

Some years ago we had started with more relaxed numbers (to be on the safe side), but \
last year we squeezed them a little. No complaints until now.

--
Tassos