List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    [c-nsp] access to me3600's...
From:       CiscoNSP List <cisconsp_list () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2014-12-29 6:51:02

Had one of my techs install a pair of ME3600's in a remote DC...took his laptop, \
console cable etc etc.....ME pre-conf'd to connect to one of our other POPs(Interpop \
link provided by another carrier)...connection to other POP works(L3), but \
OSPF/MPLS/BGP does not, all due to MTU...Interfaces on ME are set to 9100, Carrier \
supplied circuit stated that it supports MTU of 9200, but highest I can get through \
is 3986....so ping is ok, but nothing else....problem 1. ACL on telnet/ssh only \
permits access from our management range (And as OSPF doesnt come up, ME cant reach \
our management range)..easy fix, console to ME and change MTU(likewise at other POP) \
and/or add the /31 for the p-t-p link to the "allowed" ACL for telnet/ssh access so I \
can do it remotely...problem 2. tech accidentally closed his car door on the console \
cable, breaking it!...so no console access to the ME.

Tech is heading back first thing tomorrow morning with 2 x tested+WORKING console \
cables+laptop...but does anyone have any other suggestions I could try prior to then \
to access the ME to change the MTU?

Called carrier, but they are still on xmas embargo, so cant make "changes" until \
later in the week.... Cheers for any suggestions :)