List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    Re: [c-nsp] TCN's - Causing brief outages on ASR1K
From:       Will Tardy <will.tardy () vocus ! com ! au>
Date:       2014-12-19 6:57:00

Switches can have rate-limiters (aka storm-control measures) to control broadcast, \
multicast and unknown-unicast. BPDU's are layer-2 multicast. Your issues sounds like \
you're losing BPDUs.

Try "debug spanning-tree root" to see if it's causing root changes.

If you are running a lot of VLANs worth of BPDUs, you might be bumping into a limit \
somewhere on your network or a peer's.

It's because of problems like this, that STP shouldn't cross administrative-domains.