List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    [c-nsp] ASR9000 BVI in VRF
From:       Cydon Satyr <cydonsatyr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-22 13:42:29

Hi,

We need to emulate a bridge domain with L3 exit point, in a vrf.

Per ASR9K documentation, BVI in vrf requires per-vrf label allocation mode.
We are reluctant to change default allocation mode just for this service.
Is there another solution; we are allowed only one L3 address, no dot1q
termination on physical interface itself.

If we were to do this, I assume there would be a short transient packet
drops for other vrf traffic, since bgp is updating labels to other PE
routers?

Any way to avoid this?

Kind Regards