List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    Re: [c-nsp] Advice: Which routers to purchase ?
From:       Ziv Leyes <zivl () gilat ! net>
Date:       2011-01-30 7:10:43

Neither was I!
Thanks for the update!

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces@puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces@puck.nether.net] On \
                Behalf Of Manu Chao
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 1:28 AM
To: Łukasz Bromirski
Cc: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net

I wasn't aware that ASR1001 was cheaper than Cisco 7201 ;) Good to know, thanks!

2011/1/28 Łukasz Bromirski <lukasz@bromirski.net>

> On 2011-01-27 23:44, Manu Chao wrote:
>
> > I recommand you two Cisco 7201
> >

> This doesn't make sense anymore form price/performance point of view.
>
> The 7201 is a 7200 based off NPE-G1, and it's software-based router
> priced at 24k$ GPL.
>
> The ASR 1001 is hardware-based router that has 4 GE interfaces and is
> priced at 17k$ with dual PSUs. The ASR 1001 can with proper license do
> 5Gbit/s line-rate, while the 7201 is 1Mpps engine that will slow down
> with every feature turned on.
>
> --
> "There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
> you don't know what you're talking     |      \
> jid:lbromirski@jabber.org<jid%3Albromirski@jabber.org> about."               John \
> von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp \
                Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer \
                viruses.

The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments is confidential \
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the \
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that \
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly \
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us \
immediately by replying to the sender, and then delete the message from your \
computer.  Thank you!

******** This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.********