List:       cisco-nsp
Subject:    [c-nsp] IOS vitrual interfaces limitation
From:       "Karim" <karim_abd () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-30 11:06:08

Hi,

I am using 7204 as access concentrator for PPPOA sessions using interface \
virtual-templates and runing 12.2(27).  I want to know the maximum number of \
supported virtual interfaces. For 12.0, it's stated in cco documents that the maximum \
number of virtual interfaces is 300. Starting from 12.2, it's mentioned that the \
maximum number is platform dependant as stated in the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca72a.html
 "When in use, each virtual access interface cloned from a template requires the same \
amount of memory as a serial interface. Limits to the number of virtual access \
interfaces that can be configured are determined by the platform."

Thanks in advance...