List:       cisco-nas
Subject:    RE: [cisco-nas] Best General Purpose IOS for AS5800 doing Dial-up &
From:       "Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)" <oboehmer () cisco ! com>
Date:       2003-08-24 6:48:22

> What's the Best General Purpose version of IOS for the AS5800.
> We've run into some issues with our old 7206VXR and had to
> replace it, so we are looking into changing the IOS at the same
> time.
>
> We don't necessarily need V.92, but would like system stability
> connection performance, and lastly modem speed.

I'd take a look at 12.2(2)XB11. Has all the newest features (v.92,
ppp/aaa scalability), includes fixes for the recent PSIRT issue, and is
successfully deployed in many large dial networks. 12.2(2)XB12 includes
some more bug fixes, but has a problem w/ exec accounting (CSCeb83557).
12.2XB is EOE, upgrade path is 12.3 mainline.

	oli