List:       cipe
Subject:    Re: Cipe Linux --> Linux
From:       Karl Kleinpaste <karl () charcoal ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 13:06:46

Rizwan <rizwan@clovertechnologies.com> writes:
> #me        bigred.inka.de:6789 ( ALSO : Please tell what is me and peer)
> #peer      blackforest.inka.de:6543

> May 16 11:56:23 tech ciped-cb[2469]: opendev: SIOCSIFDSTADDR: Cannot
> assign requested address

The lack of "me" and "peer" entries is what's causing the problem.
You have defined the CIPE-specific addresses (with "ptpaddr" and
"ipaddr"), but you must also inform CIPE of the tunnel endpoint
addresses, that is, the carrier endpoints between which CIPE will
operate.  These are the addresses on the public Internet by which the
tunnelled packets will be shipped from one CIPE-configured system to
the other.