List:       cipe
Subject:    Re: intro, first questions
From:       Roger Walker <rosco () rope ! net>
Date:       2001-01-31 22:54:58

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Peter H. Lemieux wrote:

> Try chmod 600 /etc/cipe/options; the missing argument error will go
> away.
>
> options needs to be rw for root only since it contains the static key in
> plain text.

	And I just realized that the "peer" error is a direct result of
not reading the options file because it didn't have the correct
permissions. CIPE forces the permissions in order to work to ensure that
your key is protected. It just isn't clear that the reason for the "peer"
error is because it didn't read the options file to begin with.

--
Roger Walker                         <http://www.rat-hole.com>
Voice/Fax 1-780-440-2685             <http://www.man-from-linux.com>