List:       cipe
Subject:    Re: CIPE for Win2K
From:       "Damion K. Wilson" <dkw () rcm ! bm>
Date:       2001-01-31 14:26:41

Windows 2000 is SUCH a pain in the @$$ !

First you have to go into Control Panel and invoke Add/Remove hardware.

You want to Add/Troubleshoot a device, it'll take three or four days
searching for plug & play hardware.

If this is the first CIPE adapter, select Add a new device, otherwise you
should see an entry for CIPE VPN Adapter which you would use instead.

Don't search for new hardware

Select Network Adapters

Then select Have disk... and use the path for the CIPE driver disk1
directory (e.g. C:\CIPE-Win32\DISK1)

The installer will complain that CIPE-Win32 isn't signed by the Windows
2000 driver payroll board. All this means is that I didn't pay Micro$oft to
allow me to give this software away for free.

The adapter driver will start automatically after rebooting but the service
won't.

In Control Panel, Network & Dialup connections, you will find a new Local
Area Connection which will be identified (in Properties) as a CIPE VPN
Adapter. Configure the properties for this adapter as you need.

At this point, you should find a new Control Panel applet called "CIPE
Settings". Use this to setup peer information for your new adapter.

Hope this helps, Windows 2000 is SUCH a pain...

DKW