List:       cipe
Subject:    Re: cipe on alpha
From:       Olaf Titz <olaf () bigred ! inka ! de>
Date:       2000-11-21 12:41:32

> KCFLAGS=   -O3 -funroll-loops -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> -fomit-frame-pointer -fn
> o-strength-reduce -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -mno-fp-regs -ffixed-8
> -mcpu=ev4

Okay, this proves that to compile a module reliably on all platforms
we _must_ somehow get the compilation flags out of the kernel instead
of guessing. :-( I'll try to write some configure magic. By now, use
the flags displayed when doing "make modules" in the kernel.

> cipcb.o: unresolved symbol init_task_union

Yes, that is broken. Replace the function cipe_isowned() in device.c
with this version:

static int cipe_isowned(struct cipe *c)
{
    struct task_struct *p;